Moby Dick's

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moby Dicks
When I first moved to Vancouver as a kid, I lived in White Rock. I used to hate it so much, since everything that's fun are far away from where I live, and I couldn't yet drive because I was too young. But there are also good things there though, like the Moby Dick's fish and chips restaurant by the White Rock Beach. They serve fresh lingcod with a homemade extra fluffy light batter. It's really one of the best fish and chips I've ever had.

Their portions are quite generous, and no matter if you're ordering 1 piece, 2 pieces, 3 pieces or 4 pieces, there're always an extra piece served on each plate. Their batter is also so light that you'll only need a fork to cut the fish. I really like their homemade tartar sauce. It's an extra cost, but it's definitely well worth the price. I think they sell it in packets too, for take-out. For appetizer, their calm chowder is excellent, although a little on the thick side. So I'd suggest ordering only a cup of it for $3.20.

The pricing is not exactly cheap, but for the quality of food, it's quite worth it. One piece fish and chips costs $9.40 and four pieces is at $19.20. I would actually cut the chips though, because the hand-cut fries aren't really that good, and it's much less to get it without the fish. One piece of fish only is at $5.90 and four pieces is at $13.30. If you're throwing a party, you can also order a barrel of fish to go.

On a busy afternoon, you'll have to wait in line for a table, but people are usually very considerate and doesn't dwell too long. But if it's summer and the weather is nice, you might as well buy from the take-out window and sit by the beach. But whatever you choose to do, Moby Dick's, alone, is definitely worth the trip to White Rock.

Moby Dick's
15479 Marine Dr.
White Rock, B.C.
Tel: 604.536.2424

0 comments:

About This Blog

I love to eat. So, I really want to share my eating experiences with everyone. Fortunately, I live in Vancouver, BC, a city full of wonderful restaurants of different cuisines. Be prepared for some very local advise on where to go for good food, and be prepared that not all of them are going to be fine dining.

Feeds

Follow Me on Twitter

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP