Cupcakes

Monday, August 10, 2009


More than once in a while, I get a sweet tooth (hence my flabby belly, hehe), and one of the things that I crave for is cupcakes. And since I live in Vancouver, getting cupcakes is not a difficult thing. Especially when we have the Cupcakes store that specializes in them.

They a great variety of colorful cupcakes with a good selection of flavors. Their stores are usually small, but staffed with friendly people. I like the fact that they have signs on every cupcake that you don't need to ask the cashier about every single cupcake flavor, and it greatly reduces the time at the line up too. The only problem is that they have too many flavors to choose from it gets a little difficult to decide.

My favorite one is the Mint Condition, chocolate cake with mint butter cream and mini chocolate chips on top. My mom really like the Koo Koo, coconut cake with cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut. They're a little on the expensive side though, $2.95 for a cupcake. It gets close to $30 for a dozen. So only buy for your friends if you're feeling super generous.

If you're watching for calories though, there are Minis available for $1.25 each. A good treat for those who needs portion control or those who couldn't finish a regular sized cupcake. Or, if you're the opposite, and want more, they also have the Big Ones for $7.50 each. But just be aware, the icing on the cupcakes are really sweet, so unless you have a super sweet tooth, it's difficult to finish a Big One.

The store has multiple locations, but I've only been to the ones in English Bay and the one near Robson Street. They're both great, and I really don't think it makes a difference of which one you go to. I'm only listing the address for English Bay here, but do checkout their website for all their store locations.

Cupcakes
1168 Denman St.
Vancouver, B.C.
Tel: 604.974.1300

0 comments:

About This Blog

I love to eat. So, I really want to share my eating experiences with everyone. Fortunately, I live in Vancouver, BC, a city full of wonderful restaurants of different cuisines. Be prepared for some very local advise on where to go for good food, and be prepared that not all of them are going to be fine dining.

Feeds

Follow Me on Twitter

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP